Clarion Conferences 13 November 2012.
One of the major topics to be discussed at the 6th Powering Africa: the Finance Options (PA:FO) in Cape Town, 26-28th November, will be South Africa’s recent government announcement on its procurement projections for base-load capacity.
With only 2 weeks remaining, book your place now to participate in discussions with the following stakeholders:
– Karen Breytenbach, Senior Project Advisor at the National Treasury Department will discuss government plans for the procurement of baseload capacity from independent power producers (IPPs) from future coal-fired, gas-to-power and hydropower plants.
– Kouassi N’Guessan, Managing Director, Compagnie Ivoirienne de Production de l’Electricité – Ciprel is invited to discuss the obstacles in financing large thermal power expansion in the Ivory Coast.
– Mark Pickering, Special Adviser at Globeleq will give a developers’ perspective on the first round of South Africa’s renewable energy IPP procurement programme as well as discuss the challenges in future phases.
– Peter Ballinger, Director Business Development, Overseas Private Investment Corporation (OPIC) and Rick Angiuoni, Regional Director- Africa, Export-Import Bank of the United States will look at how development finance can best support growth in Africa’s renewable energy industry.
– Liliang Teng, Chief Marketing Officer, China-Africa Development Fund Director will be focusing on how the debt resources from Chinese banks can best support the development of Africa’s power sector
Not to mention other topics that the participants listed below will raise during this pre-eminent dialogue.
PA:FO is your opportunity to engage with decision makers in the power industry about how to grow the sector and meet projected demand. Failure to do so will have far reaching economic and political consequences. With limited hotel rooms still available, we recommend that you register online now . Alternatively, please do not hesitate to email me for further details.